This post contains affiliate links.
I’m delighted that Blush has come up with a line of affordable, body-safe, and unapologetically queer sex toys. To see the various colours in a sex toy is not only different but very much welcomed. Now, if they could just include a bisexual coloured flag dildo that would be even better. Bonus: each Avant Pride toy in the collection is under $30!
The Avant Pride P1 is a gorgeous dildo. There are no ifs, and or butts about it.
Basics of the Avant Pride P1
- Cost: $30/£23ish
- Materials: Platinum Cured Silicone
- Size: 6 inches total length; 5.25 inches insertable; 1.4 inch width
- Weight: 121g
- Recommended Lube: Water-based
Opinions in Use
To start, the packaging is beautiful, and to get to the dildo all I have to do is pull the boxes apart and voila! Dildo! I will admit, I did get a little confused with the tab at the bottom of the box. I’m still unsure why that exists (pictured below). Does anyone know? I’m curious.
Update: Blush Novelties contacted me and told me it’s a leftover from an old design! The newer runs won’t have the tab. Guess mine was just special.
Along with the Exposed Nocturnal, and a little bit of porn, the Avant Pride P1 gave me 5 orgasms in under 10 minutes. That’s impressive. Even more so considering I’ve been a little wary of penetration via toys recently. Long story short, sometimes it hurts. The Avant Pride P1 was slim enough that I could get decent stimulation with a toy that wasn’t too girthy. Success. I will say, the Avant Pride P1 is more of a gentle thrust than a hard and fast type of toy. I did attempt going ‘hard and fast’ or as hard and fast as I can go nowadays, but it’s rather squidgy.
The only thing I’m not too sure about is the bottom bump. I’m conflicted. It almost feels like it needs to be a bit higher up, around the green silicone more than the blue. With the bump sitting so low, at least for me, it doesn’t add anything to the experience.
Positives of the Avant Pride P1
- Body-safe Materials: The Avant Pride P1 is made from a wonderful matte silicone that DOES NOT ATTRACT FLUFF. I repeat, this dildo does not attract fluff. If only all dildos could be made with this miraculous silicone mixture. The platinum cured silicone is also body-safe, non-porous, phthalate-free, and easy to clean. All you need to do is boil it, and voila! Clean colourful dildo. $30 is also really quite cheap for a good body-safe toy, and much better than all the other unsafe options on the market. Please make sure you know what your toy is made of before you buy it!
- Shape: Made for G-sport or P-spot stimulation, the Avant Pride P1 has an interesting shape. The bulbous head really is great for g-spot stimulation (I can’t speak for p-spot stimulation), and I found myself hitting that perfect spot again, and again and again. For some, the bulbous tip might be a bit too much.
- Strong Suction Base: I found out just how strong the base of the Avant Pride P1 is when I accidentally stuck it to my scales. Oops. I managed to lift them up, and swing them around before deciding it wasn’t a good idea. Just whatever you do, don’t put this on your forehead and become a Pride Unicorn. Or do, and tweet me the picture of the bruise you’ll inevitably end up with. (Please don’t do this!)
- Pride Flag: The world needs a little more positivity nowadays, and the fact the entire Avant Pride collection is a combination of different pride flags, well it makes my heart swell. I really hope more companies will follow suit.
- Scratch Card Authentication: To verify the authenticity of the Avant Pride P1, all you have to do is scratch the back of the sticker, and enter the number on Blush’s website. By verifying your dildo you make sure it’s not a counterintuitive dildo made with toxic ingredients and is in actual fact a Blush Novelties body-safe dildo. A really nifty feature that I’ve not seen before.
Whilst reading this review through for all ALL THE MISTAKES, my partner added in this note: “cunt-er-fit”
Negatives of the Avant Pride P1
- Floppy: The thin neck of the Avant Pride P1 really shows just how soft this toy is. It’s ridiculously easy to bend it in half, and whilst it feels nice when in, it might take a bit of trial and error to get it in. I had a few misses when trying to pop it in my vagina, and I can’t imagine the trouble the floppiness will cause when inserting it anally. If in doubt, this would be a great squidgy stress toy.
- Base: Whilst the suction aspect of the base is great, the actual base leaves something to be desired. The first thing I noticed when using the Avant Pride P1 was that I could very easily fold the base in half. The second thing I noticed was that this was very detrimental to using it. When using it I had a hard time grasping the base, especially with a lubed up hand. It gave no grip. I had to stop a few times to readjust. I very much doubt that the flexibility of the base will mean that it’s harness compatible. In theory, it should be, but a minute into fucking I can see this slipping through the side of a harness.
- The box is easy to open.
- The dildo is body-safe, and will not attract fluff so less cleaning.
- Easy to clean.
- Soft silicone.
- Too flexible/squidgy.
- The base will fold back on itself, and it’s hard to get a good grip.
- Not harness compatible – too flexible so it might fall out.
I love this toy, but it’s not without faults. In terms of accessibility, if you’re looking for a slim toy that isn’t too firm, for gentle thrusting, or looking for a toy for your vagina/butt whilst your focus on your genitals, this might be for you. However, if you’re looking for a toy with a good grip, that’s harness compatible, or a slimmer tip to your dildo, this might not be for you.
Quite honestly, I’d buy this dildo just to have it in my collection, or to put on the mantlepiece. I love it. Whilst I don’t love how flexible the base is I might just use it as a toy that sits in my vagina whilst I pay attention to my clit – I’m a lazy masturbator sometimes. As I’ve mentioned, for $30 you really can’t go wrong.