Zumio X – Purple Power that Packs a Punch
The outer sleeve of the Zumio X is holographic. Need I say more?
The contrast of the white box against the purple text makes for an easy read, and the choice of font and size allows for easy comprehension.
To get the Zumio X out you don’t need to go through a mass amount of packaging. All you need to do is remove the protective wrap, and lift open a box. From there, the toy is sat in the charging dock, which makes it easy to lift up and remove. The rest of the supplies are behind the foam insert, which again is easy to lift up and remove.
Basics of the Zumio X
- Cost: £129.99
- Materials: ABS plastic – the tip and handle, and silicone – coating of the handle and buttons.
- Weight: 73g
- Buttons: 3
- Charger: USB
- Speed Settings: 8
- Waterproof: Up to 2 ft.
- Travelock: Yes
- Full Charge: 4 hours of use.
- First Charge: Recommends 16 hours.
- Includes: Zumio, charging base, charging cable, user manual, and a storage bag.
- Recommended Lube: Water Based
- Warranty: 1 Year
The Zumio inspired this section. And ‘First Use’ will be a section in all my upcoming reviews.
The first time I placed the Zumio anywhere near my clit, I giggled. A proper, five minutes continuous giggle-fest whilst my partner watched me in amusement (and with a raised eyebrow). It was quite a sight.
I was not prepared for the power, even though at the Eroticon Saturday night social I had tried out the Zumio, in my hands. I did eventually get over the laughing and played around with it long enough to orgasm, but the intensity still took me by surprise when I moved the Zumio to a different area of my vulva.
So, let this be a word of warning, you might giggle, scream, or even throw the Zumio across the room when you touch it to your genitals.
For about a year, I’ve had to really work at having an orgasm. I’ve spent up to an hour trying to chase that release, only for it to escape my clutches time and time again. This definitely did not happen with the Zumio. I barely had to do anything and holy smokes. I remembered what multiple orgasms are like. Four orgasms. Four sequential orgasms. Four powerful orgasms, all in the space of half an hour. That hasn’t happened in about a year. The Zumio packs a punch, and I don’t think anyone can deny that.
The Zumio is designed with ‘SpiroTIP’ technology. Essentially, this boils down to the tip whirling around and pulsating. It’s supposed to provide a previously unexplored sensation, and I can’t argue against this – it definitely provides sensation my clit is happy with. Although, I can’t help but wonder if a toy that looked the same but just vibrated at the tip would do the same job. Food for thought.
If you read the instructions, the Zumio supposedly has a proven method for success. Don’t buy into this, everybody is different, and everyone masturbates differently. Don’t think just because you couldn’t orgasm with their method, this toy is useless. Experiment, and find out what works for you.
For the curious, aka me – I did attempt to try it on my partner, but apparently, he found it ticklish, and then painful. So, I ended my experiments there.
Positives of the Zumio X
- Body-safe Materials: The main body of the toy and the tip of the toy, the part that makes contact with your body is made from ABS plastic, and the covering on the buttons and the handle are made from silicon. It’s also waterproof. This makes the Zumio easy to wash, phthalate-free, and non-porous which means the Zumio body-safe to use.
- The Modes: There are 8 different speeds to the Zumio, increasing in intensity. Whilst the first few modes are rather buzzy, and broad, the latter half are the ones that blow your socks off. As I’m a fan of having my socks being blown off, I use modes 5 to 8. What can I say I’m a power queen.
- The Weight: For a toy that packs a punch, the Zumio, is pretty darn light. Weighing in at 73g, it’s easy to hold, and doesn’t tire out the wrist. Due to the design, you could theoretically hold it between your thighs, or lean it against a pillow – it just depends on what works for you.
- The Raw Power: If you put the tip of this little toy, and I really do mean just the tip, in a glass of water you can see the power of the Zumio. As I mentioned I’m a bit of a power queen, so a toy that can produce this amount of power is a good thing in my books. However, for some it is going to be too powerful – I’ll get on to that later.
- It’s Purple!: As mentioned in my last toy review, I’m a sucker for purple toys. I think purple is one of my favourite colours, and I’m pretty darn happy to add this one to my bedside toy collection. I have a dark jewel colours theme going on now, and I have to say, I’m a fan.
- Battery Life: I’ve changed it up a few times now, and I like how it charges. A full charge gives four hours of battery life, which is plenty of time for play. The charging feature that I particularly like is that there is a blinking LED light that stops flashing when it’s fully charged. With most toys nowadays you can’t tell when they’re charged, so this is a nice change.
Negatives of the Zumio X
- Intensity: It is a very intense toy, and for some, it will be too intense. They do suggest that it can be a toy used to the side of the clit or even with the hood covering clit, and I go one step further to suggest through underwear – or even clothes.
- The Buttons: I wanted the Zumio to be so much better in this category, as buttons can make or break a toy for me. Quite honestly, the Zumio is lucky it has so much else going for it.
- The buttons on the Zumio, are easy to press, but horribly placed. They are essentially at the top of the toy, and there have been a number of times I’ve tried to press a button, and have accidentally turned the toy off, or have gotten lost. No joke. My fingers have gotten lost trying to find buttons. It’s not what I want when trying to masturbate. It kills the mood, and it makes me frustrated.
In terms of accessibility, the Zumio does pretty well. The box is easy to open, the toy is lightweight, there is a visual cue when the toy is fully charged, and it doesn’t require a lot of effort to use – even charging it is a simple plug-in and place.
However, the buttons are the Zumio’s major downfall. By having the buttons are so far up the toy, it makes it hard to change the setting, and difficult to grip. If you want to change the mode, you have to keep re-adjusting your grip.
This a toy that I’m pretty sure would satisfy those that want a powerful toy, however, the pinpoint stimulation the Zumio provides might be too intense for those that like broad sensations. Therefore, it might take some time to work out how best to use the Zumio so it suits your needs, or give this one a pass if you prefer wand-like vibrators.
For me, it’s a toy that will now live in the top drawer of my bedside table. I like it enough that I can overlook the problem with the buttons, most of the time. The big plus for me is that it doesn’t hurt my hands even with the powerful vibrations. It’s a toy I prefer to use solo, but I’m not averse to using it during partner play. I like Zumio, but I wish I could love it.
What can I say? I’m a stickler for good buttons.
The Zumio was provided by Zumio in exchange for an honest review, and there are affiliate links in this post.