This post contains affiliate links.
Basics of the Zumio S
- Cost: $140/£112
- Includes: Zumio S, charging base, charging cable, user manual, and a storage bag.
- Materials: ABS Plastic & Medical Grade Silicone
- Body safe: Yes
- Weight: 75g
- Waterproof: 100%
- Colour: Light Purple
- Power: Rechargeable USB
- Speeds: 8 h
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Lock Feature: Yes
The Zumio works with ‘SpiroTIP’ technology. What does this mean?
Rather than vibrate, the tiny but powerful Zumio SpiroTIPTM whirls around in tiny circles so you can pinpoint unique stimulation.
I’ll take their word for it, because attempting to look at the tiny circles being made just hurt my eyes.
What are the differences between the Zumio S, and the X?
- The S silicone coating on the tip. The tip of the X is just ABS plastic.
- The S has a shorter tip. The tip of the X is longer.
- The S has less intense (but still rather intense vibrations. The X has more intense vibrations.
Moving on from the holo swirls, the box itself is very sturdy and has a clean design with all the information you need clearly displayed. The boxes are built to last, and in my case repurpose.
Opinions in Use
When I first opened the box and saw the Zumio S nestled in its case, I was very confused. It looks like it was on already, but it wasn’t. Then I thought it had a case on it, but it didn’t. Finally, I realised it a silicone coating, and it’s meant to stay on the toy. If you want to see my confusion in action, Head on over to my YouTube first impressions video.
Considering I use the Zumio X for nearly all my orgasms nowadays – partnered, and non-partnered, the Zumio S had some stiff competition, but I’m happy to say that it held up! In use, the silicone SpiroTIP of the Zumio S spreads the vibrations out and makes them less pinpoint. As the tip is slightly bigger than the X, meaning more surface area, it’s less intense when applied to the nipples, the frenulum, perineum or other sensitive body parts. My partner won’t let me near him with the X – it’s just too intense no matter the setting. The Zumio S is another matter entirely, and he rather enjoys the sensation … as long as it’s kept on low.
The Zumio S held up to my finicky body, and I’m pleased to announce that I had orgasm, after orgasm with the S, and when I was too used to the sensations of the S I swapped to the X, and kept going!
Lastly, because the tip is silicone instead of plastic, make sure you use water-based lubricant!
Positives of the Zumio S
- Lightweight & Ergonomic Design: Considering I just reviewed a slimline vibrator that was 116g, the Zumio S was a pleasant surprise. Clocking in at 75g, it’s just 2g heavier than the Zumio X. Due to the ergonomic design, there’s no need to figure out how to hold the Zumio S, as, like the X, it fits naturally in the palm of your hand. It makes for a very comfy experience.
- Vibrations don’t travel: One of my favourite features is that the vibrations don’t travel down the handle of the Zumio. I can hold it for an extended period of time without my hand aching, so it’s perfect for those orgasm marathon sessions.
- Quiet: The hum of the Zumio S reminds me of a fan – it’s not an obvious noise when on, and if you place it even a foot away it doesn’t sound like much. It’s the perfect discreet vibrator. I will say that I think the X is marginally quieter, but not by much.
- Charging Dock: One of my favourite features of the Zumio is that to charge it you just have to pop it in the charging dock. That’s it. As long as you have got the USB cable plugged in, you’re good to go, and you don’t have to fiddle around with wires. The Zumio line are my favourite toys to charge, and at this stage in the game, it would be odd if I didn’t have a favourite toy to charge. BONUS: If you have the Zumio X, and your charger has gone missing, the Zumio S fits neatly into the same charger.
Negatives of the Zumio S
- Getting it in there: I like to press down firmly. Occasionally, I’ll go for some light teasing action, but I really like to get it in there – particularly if I’ve sneaked it in-between bodies during sex (I should clarify those bodies belong to myself and my partner, I’m not going around shoving Zumio’s at people). When pressed down the Zumio S almost comes to a stop, but you can still hear the motor running, so as soon as you reduce the pressure it buzzes to life again. I’d really like it to still work when applying a fair bit of pressure, and my worry is that by pressing it down enough to stop the vibrations I could burn the motor out. After testing, I’ve found this also happens with the X, but I don’t think I’d worked that out yet when I reviewed it. I also want to clarify that pressing it down does make the vibrations rumbly to a point, but after that point, it stops the vibrations.
- Buttons: In my review of the Zumio X, I stated that the buttons weren’t the best, and I stand by that. I do like the design, I think it’s innovative, however, I would like if the buttons – particularly the button to turn the toy up, weren’t as close to the tip as there are. By having the buttons so far up the handle, it means that when changing them you get a good dose of vibrations. It also means that you run the risk of accidentally turning it off, which is something I’ve done many times.
- Body safe.
- Great for those with sensitive body parts.
- Well Built
- Light compared to a lot of vibrators.
- Powerful even on low.
- High Price Point
- Buttons aren’t the best.
- Stops when too much pressure is applied.
I knew I was going to like the Zumio S from the start. I loved the Zumio X, so it really didn’t surprise me that I was also a fan of the Zumio S. The tip of the S might have a silicone blanket to spread the vibrations around, but it’s still got that pinpoint stimulation. It’s just a little less intense. This means that the Zumio S is great for days where I feel a little too sensitive for the power of the Zumio X, but don’t be led astray, the Zumio S is still REALLY powerful!
The price point of $140 seems quite steep, but I have used the X often enough to justify the price. Ultimately, if it were to ever break (touch wood), I’d buy it again.
When it boils down to choosing between the X or the S, I would probably get the X as I’m a fan of raw power, however, the S would be second on my list.
- Zumio X